Alright literary world- I thought now was a time to give a brief summation of three of my favorite literary works prior to Halloween as the art for the Lesser Keys is worked on.
1. Napoleons Oraculum: This is honestly one of my favorite works of all time. Combines dream interpretation and various fortune telling tricks with an oracle system designed to tell the user what they ought to expect. The greatest single fortune teller.
2. Grimorium Verum: I own copies of only a few of my works because I consider it odd to have ones’ own books on their shelf, but this is one of the editions I decided to grab. Containing literally insane rituals with allusions to multiple demons, it’s a spooky treat.
3. Gunpowder as a War Remedy: One of the most odd tracts I think has ever been written, specifically covering the concept that common black powder could be used in solution to cure everything from basic infection to exposure to “sewer gas.”
Alright blog readers!
1. Over the coming weeks an edition, finally, of the infamous Lesser Keys- that grimoire compilation of compilations- will be finalized. My artist, the talented Rita Metzner (who already illustrated the Ars Goetia for me) is working through the symbols in the Theurgia Goetia and the single illustration in the Almadel. Once those are done it will be extremely simplistic to craft an edition since the Goetia and Paulina are already available and in final form. I would like to note that my edition will not contain the Ars Notoria, as it does not belong to the same era or manufacture of the other four books.
2. A quick update on Createspace- they still haven’t fully switched into KDP/Amazon so my hope (my dear hope) is to release aforementioned edition the old way. Otherwise it might take a bit longer as I have to figure out how to make paperbacks separate from ebooks via KDP.
3. Almost 200 copies of the Book of Styxhexenhammer have already sold in less than a month. This is considerably higher than anticipated.
4. I have some ideas for authored works but I want to at least knock three edited works out of the way by the end of the year also, to make it a round 155 editions total.
A fun (and busy) last quarter of the year approaches!
CLICK TO PURCHASE
The long-awaited joke of a booklet that I promised people is now here! It’s a collection of random and unconnected lore related to my ICQ chat days, the rise of my Youtubing, and making cider out of dead arachnids. Fun for the whole dysfunctional family.
“One of the funniest things ever made. Seriously buy several copies.” -Styxhexenhammer666
It’s the last day of July and that means a quick update.
have completed “Football Occultism” and intend to release it soon. This will be one of two works I am currently actually working on after shelving a half dozen editing projects due to Createspace’ new apparent set of rules. The other work? The Lesser Keys, which require the editing and illustrating of the Theurgia Goetia.
It will be two days, I believe, before “Football Occultism” is available; I need to do its cover art then up the files. After that is done, and the full Lesser Keys are compiled and released, I intend to primarily focus on my own works for the rest of the year and possibly the rest of my life since editing has become hazardous even to very careful, skillful, professional editors if they use any third party service. Any future edited works will have proof of status compiled and archived well before release and I will host my own proof by mirroring applicable sites perpetually. This unfortunate necessity shouldn’t be necessary but is.
Before Halloween I have a half dozen Occult videos to make also! Spooky!
CLICK TO PURCHASE
This work was one of my favorites to write- deviating partly from the academic and geared more towards my own anecdotes of psychedelic usage, I crafted this book not so much as an educational guide as a compilation of shorter sections which deviate in purpose and look to the historical, the spiritual, and sometimes the legal.
It is substantially similar to the first edition save for a slightly different format, some cleaning up of a few typos, and the removal or addition of a few portions which relate to the relatively significant political and legal differences between the year 2015 (when the first edition was released) and the present as 2018 matures and prepares to give way to the final year of this decade.
If you’re interested in my own shamanic experiences, or a broad overview of the drug war, medicine, historical psychedelic usage, and more, you’ll enjoy this work, I believe.
CLICK TO PURCHASE
This work is one of my own authorship; a page compilation of remarks on survival, philosophy, politics, and planning- it goes beyond the normal survival works which provide lengthy how-to instructions or lists of prepping supplies and delves more into the unorthodox side of nuclear war; for example, while nuclear weapons are terrifying, even worse is that hundreds of nuclear plants would melt down after such a conflict and release massive quantities of far worse radioactive material regionally, poisoning the entire world for centuries.
From dealing with corpse removal to decontaminating soil my hope is that if a nuclear war does occur, this guide can save a few lives- maybe even a whole society.
Alright literary world.
Since I still do not wish to continue editing without great caution I have been feverishly improving one of my own authored works; “After the Ashes” (originally from 2015) now, I think, considerably better. I redacted a few dated portions and replaced them with updated info (for example, North Korea had atomic but not hydrogen weapons in 2015!) and reformatted it. I am now working on the cover and tomorrow or the day after it should be ready; the second edition! I’ll keep the first available as well. It runs 119 pages.
Next up planned for around mid July then is “Psychedelic Spirituality”- this work of psychotropic lore contains some anecdotes from my own former shamanistic dabblings, a general list of mind altering substances of note, and some political material associated with psychedelics and the drug war/temperance. I imagine I’ll be adding a section or two to this one.
After that I plan to write a couple dozen new morbid stories and split the initial work in two. The 6×9 format currently used for that edition doesn’t look right and it would end up nearly 400 pages as a 5×8 work, which is a nightmare to format properly as far as trim goes. Releasing MSI and MSII as a split work with a dozen new entries per edition makes more sense.
Every other work I have personally written will be re-released in a new format except for the five occult works I already did so for last year.