Alright blog readers!
1. Over the coming weeks an edition, finally, of the infamous Lesser Keys- that grimoire compilation of compilations- will be finalized. My artist, the talented Rita Metzner (who already illustrated the Ars Goetia for me) is working through the symbols in the Theurgia Goetia and the single illustration in the Almadel. Once those are done it will be extremely simplistic to craft an edition since the Goetia and Paulina are already available and in final form. I would like to note that my edition will not contain the Ars Notoria, as it does not belong to the same era or manufacture of the other four books.
2. A quick update on Createspace- they still haven’t fully switched into KDP/Amazon so my hope (my dear hope) is to release aforementioned edition the old way. Otherwise it might take a bit longer as I have to figure out how to make paperbacks separate from ebooks via KDP.
3. Almost 200 copies of the Book of Styxhexenhammer have already sold in less than a month. This is considerably higher than anticipated.
4. I have some ideas for authored works but I want to at least knock three edited works out of the way by the end of the year also, to make it a round 155 editions total.
A fun (and busy) last quarter of the year approaches!
CLICK TO PURCHASE
The long-awaited joke of a booklet that I promised people is now here! It’s a collection of random and unconnected lore related to my ICQ chat days, the rise of my Youtubing, and making cider out of dead arachnids. Fun for the whole dysfunctional family.
“One of the funniest things ever made. Seriously buy several copies.” -Styxhexenhammer666
Alright literary world.
Since I still do not wish to continue editing without great caution I have been feverishly improving one of my own authored works; “After the Ashes” (originally from 2015) now, I think, considerably better. I redacted a few dated portions and replaced them with updated info (for example, North Korea had atomic but not hydrogen weapons in 2015!) and reformatted it. I am now working on the cover and tomorrow or the day after it should be ready; the second edition! I’ll keep the first available as well. It runs 119 pages.
Next up planned for around mid July then is “Psychedelic Spirituality”- this work of psychotropic lore contains some anecdotes from my own former shamanistic dabblings, a general list of mind altering substances of note, and some political material associated with psychedelics and the drug war/temperance. I imagine I’ll be adding a section or two to this one.
After that I plan to write a couple dozen new morbid stories and split the initial work in two. The 6×9 format currently used for that edition doesn’t look right and it would end up nearly 400 pages as a 5×8 work, which is a nightmare to format properly as far as trim goes. Releasing MSI and MSII as a split work with a dozen new entries per edition makes more sense.
Every other work I have personally written will be re-released in a new format except for the five occult works I already did so for last year.
Over the course of the next 48 or so hours I’ll be completing another section of the Lesser Keys of Solomon (The Ars Paulina) and releasing it. This will be the 150th edition of occult literature I have released, between edited and self-written works, and so it’s a fairly significant milestone.
It also means it’s time for disclosing my subsequent plans!
For some time now I’ve let my files (pdfs, odt files, text file descriptions, illustrations, etc) build up in various folders, unsorted and so forth- I am going to take a day subsequent to the release of the Ars Paulina to simply organize my files. After that, I need to take a good couple of weeks for some other planned catching up for previous releases:
1. Remaking about three dozen covers, since I use a different, better font, trim, and logo.
2. A cursory grammar and spelling check for said releases.
3. Re-illustration of a few early works.
4. Completely re-processing every pdf file into an epub file so all the kindle ebooks will be 100% perfect in format. No more complaints about blank pages, etc.
This will occupy me probably through all of May and so, as such, after I link out the Ars Paulina there may not be any further updates until June. Releases will resume thereafter; I promised at least 200 editions, and it will almost surely be hundreds more over the years.
That happy time is fast approaching; the monumental 150 edition milestone is only two works away, and so it’s time for an update and to lay out my plan for the coming stretch of about a month or two.
First and foremost, edition #149 (which I have formatted and completed the preface to as of this morning) will be on Malay magicm entitled “Shaman, Saiva, and Sufi.” It’s a fairly standard mid length Victorian work that I think people will enjoy. As for edition #150 I am split between a work on mysticism within islam, or else the Theurgia Goetia (which is half pictoral, meaning I’d edit it and have it re-illustrated, I hope, by my usual illustrator, while the next phase of my literary work begins.)
Secondly to the next phase of my literature, before I proceed beyond edition 150 there are two things I’d like to do.
1. Fix the cover art and format of a few dozen of my oldest works which are not up to par, along with the occasional noted grammatical error.
2. Render every edition into an ebook using the actual kindle file type, not pdfs, so that they translate better onto a digital notebook.
The process involved with those steps will take some weeks but presumably be worth the effort. I look forward to the final phase of this particular step in my literary workings.