As some of you may know, two years ago a hardcover and leather bound fine edition of the Petit Albert was produced by Ouroboros Press with yours truly having reworked the volume. The fact that a book bearing my name was truly, professionally produced in this manner is up there in the top five or so things I’ve accomplished that I am most proud of.
If you are interested in fine editions of this sort, the Petit Albert is one of the best grimoires- at once a compilation of folk spells and a receipt book (the predecessor of the modern term “recipe”- which originally included everything from folk medicine to culinary content to methods for removing stains or making candles or bird food) and comes from France, during the 18th century. It is a cosmopolitan grimoire, containing self-proclaimed foreign spells and tips of various sorts, and also touching on the hand of glory- one of the most famous (and diabolical) objects spoken of in any occult lore.
I have a copy of this work (one of only a few works I have physically obtained that I myself have worked on or released) and the quality is quite high. At 178 pages, it’s a sometimes amusing, often thought provoking read.
ORDER A COPY HERE
It is with glee that I announce that I am now 50% done with the final image formatting for the Theurgia Goetia. This means there is a 99% chance it will be ready within a week or so. That means the Lesser Key can be released in time for Yule and the stand-alone edition (which will be around 100 pages in my format) in January alongside a second work (hopefully) on phallism.
That brings me however to one potential stumblingblock which is the full absorption of Createspace by Amazon; at this particular time I do not know fully how to load a paperback there and I am having difficulty figuring out the transition process for all of my paperback titles- when I attempt to use the link on KDP it only finds 5 works out of the over 160 that I have available, and I am unsure why- neither Createspace nor Amazon are logging my paperback sales despite them all being available so I cannot see my works to edit content if needed, and I cannot track my sales. I have contacted them so hopefully this issue will be resolved within a day or two. I only hope Amazon keeps the template generator on CS alive because I have no clue how to manually determine trim size.Ars Theurgia Goetia / Lesser Key Update!
It’s time for a rather short update here as one of the most major occult works ever compiled nears completion- in the case of my edition, it is about 90% done as of now. The infamous Lesser Key of Solomon!
1. The Foreword is written, the Ars Goetia, Ars Paulina, and Ars Almadel are formatted with their new settings.
2. I am half done with the rough format of the Ars Theurgia Goetia.
Since I am slightly ahead of expectations for the end of November it should be done by the middle of December giving people time to grab a copy for Yule if they wish- but as always, I can’t promise that because sometimes I get busy with side works!
CLICK TO PURCHASE
This is a fine work from the golden age of academics when books treating on non-western groups weren’t full of nonstop “noble savage” mythology which had been common before and has become common again in our current intellectual dark age. Dwelling relatively little on the whirling dervishes and the more well known practices of some Sufi orders, it instead focuses on some of its historical subgroups including certain libertine factions and some groups which essentially equate to a form of islamized gnosticism. Altogether extremely well written with a decent bibliography to boot.
Alright literary world- I thought now was a time to give a brief summation of three of my favorite literary works prior to Halloween as the art for the Lesser Keys is worked on.
1. Napoleons Oraculum: This is honestly one of my favorite works of all time. Combines dream interpretation and various fortune telling tricks with an oracle system designed to tell the user what they ought to expect. The greatest single fortune teller.
2. Grimorium Verum: I own copies of only a few of my works because I consider it odd to have ones’ own books on their shelf, but this is one of the editions I decided to grab. Containing literally insane rituals with allusions to multiple demons, it’s a spooky treat.
3. Gunpowder as a War Remedy: One of the most odd tracts I think has ever been written, specifically covering the concept that common black powder could be used in solution to cure everything from basic infection to exposure to “sewer gas.”
Alright blog readers!
1. Over the coming weeks an edition, finally, of the infamous Lesser Keys- that grimoire compilation of compilations- will be finalized. My artist, the talented Rita Metzner (who already illustrated the Ars Goetia for me) is working through the symbols in the Theurgia Goetia and the single illustration in the Almadel. Once those are done it will be extremely simplistic to craft an edition since the Goetia and Paulina are already available and in final form. I would like to note that my edition will not contain the Ars Notoria, as it does not belong to the same era or manufacture of the other four books.
2. A quick update on Createspace- they still haven’t fully switched into KDP/Amazon so my hope (my dear hope) is to release aforementioned edition the old way. Otherwise it might take a bit longer as I have to figure out how to make paperbacks separate from ebooks via KDP.
3. Almost 200 copies of the Book of Styxhexenhammer have already sold in less than a month. This is considerably higher than anticipated.
4. I have some ideas for authored works but I want to at least knock three edited works out of the way by the end of the year also, to make it a round 155 editions total.
A fun (and busy) last quarter of the year approaches!
Alright literary world.
Since I still do not wish to continue editing without great caution I have been feverishly improving one of my own authored works; “After the Ashes” (originally from 2015) now, I think, considerably better. I redacted a few dated portions and replaced them with updated info (for example, North Korea had atomic but not hydrogen weapons in 2015!) and reformatted it. I am now working on the cover and tomorrow or the day after it should be ready; the second edition! I’ll keep the first available as well. It runs 119 pages.
Next up planned for around mid July then is “Psychedelic Spirituality”- this work of psychotropic lore contains some anecdotes from my own former shamanistic dabblings, a general list of mind altering substances of note, and some political material associated with psychedelics and the drug war/temperance. I imagine I’ll be adding a section or two to this one.
After that I plan to write a couple dozen new morbid stories and split the initial work in two. The 6×9 format currently used for that edition doesn’t look right and it would end up nearly 400 pages as a 5×8 work, which is a nightmare to format properly as far as trim goes. Releasing MSI and MSII as a split work with a dozen new entries per edition makes more sense.
Every other work I have personally written will be re-released in a new format except for the five occult works I already did so for last year.