I have gotten back into the swing of editing. I am currently working on Waites’ “Devil Worship in France” which is a great book- after that I have several dozen more works planned. Happily, I have someone looking at illustrating a pair of herbals and a work by Manly Hall.
That will round of the work through July, probably. I need to go on a hunt for new literary material due to a glaring oversight on my part for years which has handicapped me- let’s just say I am not an expert with regards to pdf files! This is a happy thing though; the amount of material I can work with has at least tripled upon recognition of this “misfortune.”
Soon I plan on making two new sections on the literary blogs, because the amount of work has become too large for the current categorization system.
It’s time for the very first update of the year- I won’t do these as frequently, probably, because some of the content gets a bit redundant.
First; I have managed to acquire a dozen or so new works I did not have before, for editing. I have enough material to last me through 200 editions, which is the end goal for this year.
Second: Because of my surge of work in December (which I will continue through this month also) I am well ahead of the curve- a lot of the remaining works I hope to release are fairly short and most are in good condition so replicating and editing them will be quicker than for works in poorer conditions or which are quite long. (I like to release works that most consider too short to be worth editing.)
Third: At some point I am going to take a good long look at the Grand Albert and consider releasing it as I did for the Petit Albert: It is important to note that there are two Grand Alberts in circulation, one of which is not a folkloric document and has nothing to do with occult workings.
Fourth: It seems sales have recovered from their lull post-Createspace and may even have risen, possibly because of the huge number of new titles released in December. Since income from crowdfunding is down across the board for most people who create content at all it makes sense to surge on ahead with what has been my primary income anyways; namely, literature.
Fifth: I hope to write a few works of my own in 2019- a couple occult topics and perhaps some spooky fiction.
Onward with the year!
I figured it was about time for another update; as spring marches along I’m already requisitioning materials for my garden, so those of you who enjoy that series will get some new footage soon- along with massive improvements.
On the literary side, I am now about 75% complete editing DeLaurences’ odd work “The Mystic Hindu Test Book”- this work covers astral bodies, spirits, crystal gazing, seances, and more; it’s quite good after the second chapter (up to that point it is self advertizement and run on sentences.) At around 130 or so pages, it will be an important work here.
After that, I figure on completing a couple other DeLaurence works; they’re all of similar length and have various eugenic-era spiritual content revolving around eastern tradition, spirits, and the like. I also have two short herbals and need to contact my illustrator for those to be completed. As promised the Theurgia Goetia will also soon be edited. I figure I can complete seven new works by the end of May at current projections.
I am pleased to announce that at this time, the illustrations for my upcoming edition of the Ars Goetia have been completed by the artist (Rita Metzner, who has previously illustrated a couple of herbals for me.) The work is good and so far the formatting is going smoothly; the final edition should be a fairly standard length, perhaps a bit longer than some editions because I choose not to compress images to two-to-a-page so the finer lines are more easily legible. I expect to complete and release it this month; but it must be carefully done, because this is the ultimate big daddy of grimoires and will eventually be combined with the three other (authentic) works of the Lesser Keys in an edition of that as well.
I am also more than 80 pages into the Rosicrucian text I began editing in January; work has been slower since the beginning of chapter four, since now all remaining text is taken from other sources and compiled in this particular work by its author (read; it is in older English than the first two chapters with frequent quotations which are sometimes not entirely proper in format and must be reworked.)
Assuming both works are done before this month ends it will be time for a couple more herbal works I feel, and then work must begin on re-illustrating a half dozen prior editions.
Alright literary world!
I’m happy to announce that the first slew of illustrations for the Ars Goetia have been completed as of yesterday; the illustrator sent them along. That’s good, because there aren’t a huge number more then to be processed- so the Goetia might be ready before the end of January and barring calamity will certainly be out by February sometime.
Meanwhile, my editing of the New Fortune Teller has been speeding along and it’s almost done; I haven’t yet decided on which work to do subsequent to it, but it will probably be alchemical in nature. Onward!