Alright literary world; time for an important update!
With “Mystic Will” released two days ago as of the time of this post, it is now time for a general cursory overview of what happens next; all of my works through the last were under spiritual contract of sorts and I not only met but exceeded my goal time-wise. This sets the stage for continual literary success; not a lot of people have catalogs of releases that extend to the size I have amassed and there’s nowhere to go but up.
The first goal after the 200th edition was to clean up my work files; I had four folders scattered across my computer and more on several USB drives with vestigial half-completed projects, source files I already edited from, and random images and notes I’d written. It took the last two days to clean them up. Now, that step is complete.
The second goal is to immediately complete a couple of the partially-done projects such as “Diabology” and possibly the “Asuri Kalpa” to knock them out of the way and be able to put those files at long last into the “completed works” storage.
The third goal is to really scrape my way through my usual sources for material to edit from and try to grab a few dozen more works of note. I culled my source files from about 1,000 to 54 in total, removing overly long works, poorly formatted works, and works I am uninterested in. I want to make sure to still release works fairly regularly but it won’t be nearly at the same rate as the last half a year or so.
The fourth goal is to get to re-editing a few of my releases, especially “Fruits of Eden” which I plan to have professionally re-illustrated, and will expand substantially, with a new foreword, one new section, and several dozen additional species entries now that I have so many herbal resources to draw from that I did not prior.
So it will be a busy half decade or so ahead. Cheers!
It’s time for the very first update of the year- I won’t do these as frequently, probably, because some of the content gets a bit redundant.
First; I have managed to acquire a dozen or so new works I did not have before, for editing. I have enough material to last me through 200 editions, which is the end goal for this year.
Second: Because of my surge of work in December (which I will continue through this month also) I am well ahead of the curve- a lot of the remaining works I hope to release are fairly short and most are in good condition so replicating and editing them will be quicker than for works in poorer conditions or which are quite long. (I like to release works that most consider too short to be worth editing.)
Third: At some point I am going to take a good long look at the Grand Albert and consider releasing it as I did for the Petit Albert: It is important to note that there are two Grand Alberts in circulation, one of which is not a folkloric document and has nothing to do with occult workings.
Fourth: It seems sales have recovered from their lull post-Createspace and may even have risen, possibly because of the huge number of new titles released in December. Since income from crowdfunding is down across the board for most people who create content at all it makes sense to surge on ahead with what has been my primary income anyways; namely, literature.
Fifth: I hope to write a few works of my own in 2019- a couple occult topics and perhaps some spooky fiction.
Onward with the year!
Alright literary world.
Since I still do not wish to continue editing without great caution I have been feverishly improving one of my own authored works; “After the Ashes” (originally from 2015) now, I think, considerably better. I redacted a few dated portions and replaced them with updated info (for example, North Korea had atomic but not hydrogen weapons in 2015!) and reformatted it. I am now working on the cover and tomorrow or the day after it should be ready; the second edition! I’ll keep the first available as well. It runs 119 pages.
Next up planned for around mid July then is “Psychedelic Spirituality”- this work of psychotropic lore contains some anecdotes from my own former shamanistic dabblings, a general list of mind altering substances of note, and some political material associated with psychedelics and the drug war/temperance. I imagine I’ll be adding a section or two to this one.
After that I plan to write a couple dozen new morbid stories and split the initial work in two. The 6×9 format currently used for that edition doesn’t look right and it would end up nearly 400 pages as a 5×8 work, which is a nightmare to format properly as far as trim goes. Releasing MSI and MSII as a split work with a dozen new entries per edition makes more sense.
Every other work I have personally written will be re-released in a new format except for the five occult works I already did so for last year.
I figured it was about time for another update; as spring marches along I’m already requisitioning materials for my garden, so those of you who enjoy that series will get some new footage soon- along with massive improvements.
On the literary side, I am now about 75% complete editing DeLaurences’ odd work “The Mystic Hindu Test Book”- this work covers astral bodies, spirits, crystal gazing, seances, and more; it’s quite good after the second chapter (up to that point it is self advertizement and run on sentences.) At around 130 or so pages, it will be an important work here.
After that, I figure on completing a couple other DeLaurence works; they’re all of similar length and have various eugenic-era spiritual content revolving around eastern tradition, spirits, and the like. I also have two short herbals and need to contact my illustrator for those to be completed. As promised the Theurgia Goetia will also soon be edited. I figure I can complete seven new works by the end of May at current projections.