Ars Theurgia Goetia / Lesser Key Update!

It is with glee that I announce that I am now 50% done with the final image formatting for the Theurgia Goetia. This means there is a 99% chance it will be ready within a week or so. That means the Lesser Key can be released in time for Yule and the stand-alone edition (which will be around 100 pages in my format) in January alongside a second work (hopefully) on phallism.
That brings me however to one potential stumblingblock which is the full absorption of Createspace by Amazon; at this particular time I do not know fully how to load a paperback there and I am having difficulty figuring out the transition process for all of my paperback titles- when I attempt to use the link on KDP it only finds 5 works out of the over 160 that I have available, and I am unsure why- neither Createspace nor Amazon are logging my paperback sales despite them all being available so I cannot see my works to edit content if needed, and I cannot track my sales. I have contacted them so hopefully this issue will be resolved within a day or two. I only hope Amazon keeps the template generator on CS alive because I have no clue how to manually determine trim size.Ars Theurgia Goetia / Lesser Key Update!

Advertisements

General Literary Update

Alright literary world; I am happy to announce that I have finally figured out a way to return to editing, and of course I must give a quick update on Lesser Keys progress!
I shall do the latter first; my artist at last check was half done with the Theurgia Goetia illustrations. Since the Ars Goetia and Ars Paulina were done to begin with, we’re nearing the end of that chapter of work- which is great since it might be the most famous grimoire of all.
To my new editing works; I am currently working on a pair of literary releases by Wiedermann on Egyptology- respectively on the pagan concept of the afterlife therein, and the concept of immortality. These Victorian era works are quite good, and thence I must explain how I intend to continue editing despite the increased stringency of Amazon:
1. For every work there must be an archived physical scan that can be used to prove beyond doubt that it is public domain.
2. While works prior to 1923 are not copyrighted I will only edit works fifteen years prior to this, AKA prior to 1908 as of this posting.
3. I intend to focus on works which are unlikely to have been released prior in the last century, because Amazon presumes copyright belongs to the most recent person to release a title even if the progenitor title is public domain.
I’m not looking for trouble now that I have 150+ editions already released. Finding a few dozen more obscure occult works will be a breeze.

Ending My Re-Editing Project Early; Amazons Copyright Team Has Some… Quirks

Alright everyone the weather is finally summer-esque so it’s time for a re-editing project update!

The update is that I am going to complete two more works and then shelf the project indefinitely with respect to all works I didn’t personally author. For those works the new editions will run alongside the old ones for some time.

 

Why? It isn’t like it’s hard to skim over a text I already proofread and corrected, since all I need to do is correct it once its new font and format are done, then make a new cover since the early editions weren’t up to my new standards. Since the payoff is so high (I can lower the cost and improve the product, which likely means more readership- a win win for everyone) and the effort fairly low (I can re-edit a text every day, and could re-edit all of them by mid June) why would I end the project?

 

The answer is Amazons’ arcane and slow copyright related processes; right now three of my works are awaiting confirmation that I have the right to release editions of them- one of them was written in the 17th century. I already supplied this needed proof (since these are just re-edits of extant editions from 2015 and early 2016) when I first released them. In the case of the Grimorium Verum (one of my top sellers among edited works- I managed to sell 47 copies of it this month before it got suppressed awaiting confirmation) it has been in this gray area for five days now, since twice I have supplied proof it is a public domain work only to be told I somehow need a signed statement regarding permission to utilize it.

But, Amazon, I AM the one giving myself permission; the original work was ALSO mine! And I can’t supply you the authors’ name or date of death- the author is not known! (Clearly listed in the text and on the BISAC info) Since it dates to the middle of the 18th century the general assumption is the author “probably” died prior to the 1800s, let alone the 1920s cutoff for public domain status.

 

The use of createspace/amazon for self publishing remains exceptionally easy overall but this is one part of the process that needs a tweaking desperately.