Alright literary world- I thought now was a time to give a brief summation of three of my favorite literary works prior to Halloween as the art for the Lesser Keys is worked on.
1. Napoleons Oraculum: This is honestly one of my favorite works of all time. Combines dream interpretation and various fortune telling tricks with an oracle system designed to tell the user what they ought to expect. The greatest single fortune teller.
2. Grimorium Verum: I own copies of only a few of my works because I consider it odd to have ones’ own books on their shelf, but this is one of the editions I decided to grab. Containing literally insane rituals with allusions to multiple demons, it’s a spooky treat.
3. Gunpowder as a War Remedy: One of the most odd tracts I think has ever been written, specifically covering the concept that common black powder could be used in solution to cure everything from basic infection to exposure to “sewer gas.”
I figured now was a great time to pitch a few of the edited works I’ve released since it seems we have entered another burning times in which allegation and presumption and emotion are superior to evidence, logic, reason, and enlightenment. While this is sad and means innocent people will suffer, it is hardly unprecedented even in modernity- remember that even extremely modern eras have been pockmarked by moral panics which are based not on evidence but emotion. I’d almost be more worried if this era did not contain at least a minor moral panic regardless of the stupidity of each such moralistic period of hand wringing and disingenuous he-said-she-said nonsense.
First we have DEMONOLOGY by none other than King James. Other than the Malleus Maleficarum itself this is the premier text of all moral panics in the history of mankind and probably killed tens of thousands of people- more than almost any text other than those that are themselves canonical within religious paths themselves. This work contains a great deal of odd material especially related to James’ own philosophy on witch hunts.
Second, we have Workmans’ DEMONOMANIA which rationalizes the witch hunts of yesteryear in an early sense while slightly missing the mark in some aspects of science as now generally recognized.
Third and finally we have a work on COTTON MATHER and witchcraft, which technically apologizes for and defends the perpetrators of the Salem witch trials on several grounds. A short work, it is nonetheless well written.
As we wait for the Lesser Keys I figured that revisiting a few works on persecution made sense, given the political climate of today.
Alright blog readers!
1. Over the coming weeks an edition, finally, of the infamous Lesser Keys- that grimoire compilation of compilations- will be finalized. My artist, the talented Rita Metzner (who already illustrated the Ars Goetia for me) is working through the symbols in the Theurgia Goetia and the single illustration in the Almadel. Once those are done it will be extremely simplistic to craft an edition since the Goetia and Paulina are already available and in final form. I would like to note that my edition will not contain the Ars Notoria, as it does not belong to the same era or manufacture of the other four books.
2. A quick update on Createspace- they still haven’t fully switched into KDP/Amazon so my hope (my dear hope) is to release aforementioned edition the old way. Otherwise it might take a bit longer as I have to figure out how to make paperbacks separate from ebooks via KDP.
3. Almost 200 copies of the Book of Styxhexenhammer have already sold in less than a month. This is considerably higher than anticipated.
4. I have some ideas for authored works but I want to at least knock three edited works out of the way by the end of the year also, to make it a round 155 editions total.
A fun (and busy) last quarter of the year approaches!
CLICK TO PURCHASE
The long-awaited joke of a booklet that I promised people is now here! It’s a collection of random and unconnected lore related to my ICQ chat days, the rise of my Youtubing, and making cider out of dead arachnids. Fun for the whole dysfunctional family.
“One of the funniest things ever made. Seriously buy several copies.” -Styxhexenhammer666
CLICK TO PURCHASE
Some time ago (a couple of years!) I decided that if synchronicity could be said to exist, and the occult in part hinged on this as a central principle, evidence of it should be seen in even fairly mundane endeavors. A tome could be written on superstition as it relates to football fans especially (not washing ones’ socks during a winning streak comes to mind?) but I wanted to go a bit further, specifically into two subtopics I have not seen written about before.
First- what is the symbolism, totemic and occult in nature, of each NFL team? Where in literature or elsewhere can their mascots, names, etc be found?
Second- is there a correlation, seemingly, between the superbowl winner in a given year and the years’ events?
I remark on both of these within this work- over time (some decades) more data points for the latter will be available and we have to acknowledge that teams occasionally change symbolism or location as well, which is of import.
It’s the last day of July and that means a quick update.
have completed “Football Occultism” and intend to release it soon. This will be one of two works I am currently actually working on after shelving a half dozen editing projects due to Createspace’ new apparent set of rules. The other work? The Lesser Keys, which require the editing and illustrating of the Theurgia Goetia.
It will be two days, I believe, before “Football Occultism” is available; I need to do its cover art then up the files. After that is done, and the full Lesser Keys are compiled and released, I intend to primarily focus on my own works for the rest of the year and possibly the rest of my life since editing has become hazardous even to very careful, skillful, professional editors if they use any third party service. Any future edited works will have proof of status compiled and archived well before release and I will host my own proof by mirroring applicable sites perpetually. This unfortunate necessity shouldn’t be necessary but is.
Before Halloween I have a half dozen Occult videos to make also! Spooky!
CLICK TO PURCHASE
This work was one of my favorites to write- deviating partly from the academic and geared more towards my own anecdotes of psychedelic usage, I crafted this book not so much as an educational guide as a compilation of shorter sections which deviate in purpose and look to the historical, the spiritual, and sometimes the legal.
It is substantially similar to the first edition save for a slightly different format, some cleaning up of a few typos, and the removal or addition of a few portions which relate to the relatively significant political and legal differences between the year 2015 (when the first edition was released) and the present as 2018 matures and prepares to give way to the final year of this decade.
If you’re interested in my own shamanic experiences, or a broad overview of the drug war, medicine, historical psychedelic usage, and more, you’ll enjoy this work, I believe.